Re: List

Dennis W. Farrell (dfarrell@ridgecrest.ca.us)
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:45:24 -0800

Another $.02 contribution

I'd appreciate it if people "replying to" a note would put their comments in
front of, rather than following, the quoted text (as I have done here, for
example). Reason? I can read the comments without having to scroll down
through previous citations, yet they are their if I do want to establish a
context. Usually, I have already been following the thread, so scrolling
down through stuff I've previously read isn't productive.

Additional thoughts.

When replying to a list posting, I suggest you _not_ also direct a copy to
the person when you're replying to the list. This simply guarantees that
s/he will get two copies.

I personally appreciate snipping out all material not relevant to the point
to which you're responding.

If you're going to change the subject, please consider posting a new
subject, rather than continuing with a prior thread. This will make
material easier to retrieve from the archives when someone wants to review
what's been said on a topic.

Finally, if you're replying to a note, please try to make sure you're not
replying to the digest address (wwpotter-d@tscnet.com). Replies should be
either to the individual or to the general list (wwpotter@tscnet.com)

I second Harry's suggestion below.

Comments??

Thanks -- dwf
V-17 #36
M-15 #189 -- I haven't lived with her long enough yet to have learned her
name --
P-15 #1086 "PELICAN" -- 'Tis better to putter with a Potter than potter
with a putter !
Ridgecrest, CA