P19 Keel Slam

Clair&Edgar (N1122@mail.aai.arco.com)
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 13:15:51 -1000

John Clair & Steve Edgar
Kuparuk Project Engineers

From: Clair&Edgar@ARCO on 11/09/98 01:15 PM HST

To: wwpotter@tscnet.com
cc:
Subject: P19 Keel Slam

To all,

We have also witness keel hummmmm while at higher speeds. I think the last
time that comes to mind is when we were right behind the Miss Budwiser,
coming out of the turn and really opening up Sassea's 9.9 HP, center
mounted, Honda Outboard! : - )

I also have noticed that the Keel slams back and forth in the well, even at
slower speeds under sail I have rested my hand on the top flange of the
keel and could feel the starboard to port movement through the well. I
thought about adding tapered shim strips to the keel & well so that it
would be a snug fit inside the well while in the lowered position. Has
anyone else considered this modification?

Regards,

John & Terrie

P19 Sassea, #950

Lake Chelan, WA