RE: Traveler on a P-19

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 01:14:14 EST

In a message dated 12/4/98 7:46:53 PM Pacific Standard Time, Walrus@rof.net
writes:

> Has anyone out there rigged a mainsheet traveler on a P19. Any info
> appreciated

Where would you put it? You'd have to locate it forward of the tiller, and
that wouldn't leave much room. I have seen 23 footers with the traveler
located two feet forward of the end of the tiller, but in a Potter that would
be practically on top of the companionway.

If you wanted to to have more than one person in the cockpit, you could mount
a traveler on an arch, like the Hunter sailboats, I think. Conceivably, you
could put on an arch over the transom, but that's one heck of a structural
modification!

Judy B.
WWP-19 #266 " Red Wing" - soon to have a new set of wings!
Danville, CA