Re: New Motor... recommendations?

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 11:08:53 EST

In a message dated 12/5/98 3:23:15 AM Pacific Standard Time, ryeg@vais.net
writes:

> Any comments, observations or recommendations? ---Tohatsu
> or otherwise. Are the Tohatsu's reasonably quiet?

We have a 1992 Evinrude twin cylinder 4 HP on our P-19. The previous owner,
who was a local member of the Potters Yachters in San Francisco and a pretty
straight shooter, never, never had a problem with it. Nor have we. The twin
cylinders makes it run very quietly and smoothly. It has forward and neutral
only, which is not a problem, since it pivots 180 degrees. We put it in
neutral, pivot the motor and throttle arm to put it in "reverse" , and put it
back in gear. it tilts up very easily at about