RE: Vang Attachment Hints

Tiffany, Doug (TiffanyD@phibred.com)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:28:41 -0600

Am I correct in assuming that the plate you describe, or perhaps a larger
modification of it, would be the place to attach the hardware necessary at
the mast base to run all lines back to the cockpit?

Doug Tiffany
WWP-19 #1067 Bonnie-LEA
Fargo, ND/Moorhead, MN area (now but grew up in Saratoga and did a lot of
bay sailing in a Knarr a friend owned.

-----Original Message-----
From: JBlumhorst@aol.com [mailto:JBlumhorst@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 1999 12:55 PM
To: wwpotter@tscnet.com
Subject: Re: Vang Attachment Hints

I bought exactly what Greg is describing for my P-19 at Svendsons in
Aalameda.
CA. It cost about $40-50 (I can't remember) and it's made of nearly 1/4
inch
thick stainless steel stock.

It a flange with a hole on the aft edge for a vang and flanges on both sides
with holes for attaching turning blocks on , so I don't have to cut any
holes
in my cabin top for turning blocks/cam cleats. I have to drill holes in it
and install it underneath the mast tabernacle, using the holes that already
exist in the cabintop for the mast foot tabernacle.

Judith Blumhorst, DC
P-19 Fleet Captain, Potter's Yachters
WWP-19 #266 "Red Wing"
SF Bay Area, CA