Re: Fishfinder for depth meter.

George Sweet (georges@carol.net)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:46:20 -0500

From: Eric Pederson <eric@winternet.com>
To: wwpotter <wwpotter@tscnet.com>
Date: Friday, January 22, 1999 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: Fishfinder for depth meter.

>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>Eric,
A transom mount is a transducer that attaches to your transom usually with
screws at the bottom so the transducer rides just below the hull.
Reguarding the Hummingbird wide 100,,,, I have one on Sea Dove, It soon will
be comming off and will make a Dandy target for practice with one of my
flintlock muzzleloaders. It works fine under sail but it tells terrible
lies or just quits when the moter runs. I have tried RF filters and other
remedies without sucess. It knows when you need it most and then messes
with you!!
I have been giving thought to one of the Fishfinder-Depth
finder-GPS-MapPlotter units made by Garmin although I'm apprehensive about
having everything in one box in case of a failure. It would however
clean -up the cockpit and simplifiy things.
George Sweet
P-19 Sea Dove
Greenville SC