Re: P19 Mast Specs ONLINE at Judy B's Website.

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 02:58:38 EST

In a message dated 2/9/99 2:20:25 PM Pacific Standard Time, DAVID_KAUTZ@HP-
Sunnyvale-om5.om.hp.com writes:

> If I interpret this correctly, those of you worrying about causing a
> permanent
> bend in your mast need not worry much about that. These masts are going to
> bend,
> bend, bend a little more and SNAP!
>
> Bummer.
>

> Dave Kautz
> P-15 #1632 "Tilly Lucy"

Hi David,

I have a few sincere questions from reading your last email to the group.

How much "bend, bend, and bend some more" can the mast take before we get the
"SNAP" part?

Do you interpret the data to mean that snapping of the DM5 mast on the P19 is
likely to occur within the *relevant* range of 4 inches or so of constant
radius bending?

Or do you just mean to imply that if you bend it an enormous amount ("bend,
bend, bend some more") that you will get little warning before it snaps?

Regards,
Judy B.