Re: Cam, Clam, Jam, and clutch.

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 16:53:50 EST

n a message dated 3/9/99 12:16:03 PM Pacific Standard Time, JBlumhorst@aol.com
writes:

> Now, got all that straight guys? Somebody correct me if I made any
mistakes,
> please
>
> Regards,
> Judy B.

Hi Webgang,

A few nice folks have written me to point out minor errors in my definitions
-- stuff like trademarked names like "clam cleat" and so on. I was pretty
sure that there would be details in the broad definitions that I wrote that
could be improved upon
and, based on the emails I've gotten, there are.

If you want to correct or improve or comment on what I wrote, please do me a
favor. Send your comments to the list.

I promise not to be embarrassed or get mad at you if you point out a detail I
missed <grin> . If you send your comment to the whole list, I won't have to
do all the work of copying it and sending it out to everyone <bigger grin> to
ensure that they have correct information.

What I intended by my original definitions was to get folks thinking about
safe working loads and using the right hardware for the functional
requirements. My definitions were very general, and what you really need to
do is consult a rigger or look things up in the catalogs. Specific pieces of
hardware will differ from my descriptions.

It was my hope that my posts on all those gadgets would give the less
experienced members of the list, like John who originally requested the info
on camcleats vs clutches, a "jump start" on chosing line-securing hardward.

Regards,
Judy B