Re: Diminishing Returns

Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 08:32:27 -0800

It's interesting to note how the competitive instinct comes out no
matter what -- if we don't compete about how fast we go, or how fancy
our rigging is, we can still compete about how fast and easy we can
rig our boats, and how easy they are to sail...

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 08:19:59PM -0500, Lars S. Mulford wrote:
> First, "Always" was simply unbeatable.... AT THE RAMP. My average time to
> park, rig, launch, load gear and personnel, secure car/trailer, and then be
> sailing away was less than 5 minutes and usually under 3 minutes. THREE
> MINUTES! It is that simple to set up.

And you were of course sipping the wine and smelling the roses all
the while...it takes me 3 minutes to back my boat down the ramp :-)

> ....she really performed startlingly well...

> ...All I know is that except on extreme points of
> sail, "Always" would outperform standard rigged P15s....

> "Always" was simple to sail, performed very well in relation to other P15s,
> a joy to setup and tear down, and best of all? She was user friendly to the
> extreme. There was nothing to terrify the novice sailor about her, and the
> experienced sailor had enough there to keep them in smiles too..

etc.