Re: Mast Support

SolarFry@aol.com
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 20:41:12 EDT

I also need to lower mast to go under a bridge with an 11 - 14' clearance
(tides). I don't care for steering with motor while mast uses rudder gudgeons
because motor bends mount left or right when I steer. It's so much easier
with rudder mounted for steering

Thanks for info. (location for new gudgeons.) What size are gudgeons on P19?
Are they 1/2 inch? Did you reinforce inside with something? Where can I get
some gudgeons cheaper than West Marine or Boat US? Theirs are close to 60
bucks for a set. Which ones did you get? Questions... Questions...

BoatUS catalog page 270 shows:
1/2" pin 1/8" stock gudgeons
Picture G - Welded tube with bushing
Part no. 337119 @ $ 28.99 each.

Also:
1/2" pin 3/16 stock gudgeons
Picture k - double gudgeons
Part no. 337135 @ $19.96 each.

Best
Solar Fry
P19 # 1028, "Elusive Margin"
Pompano Beach, FL
Florida Weather: Temp 91 F
Partly Cloudy, wind NE 15 - 25 MPH Gusting to 35, Seas 5 - 9'

In a message dated 4/17/99 5:56:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cgula@innet.com