Re: Jiffy Reefing

theodore f. boyer (freelanc@execpc.com)
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 14:39:45 -0500

Spooner,
Get a copy of "The Annapolis book of Seamanship" by John Rousmaniere
look at Shorting Sail pages 322 to 325 shows with pictures and text. I
suggest you start your sail reefed, then let it out if it's a gentle breeze.
Oh, those little grommet holes inthe mainsail are for tying off small stuff
(string) half way through each side, when reefed tie each one under the boom
in a slip knot. John also wrote "Force Ten", he is one of the survivors-good
reading.
Ted -Milwaukee WWPotter19 Hull #0940 "Sea Breeze"