Re: Catalina 22 Disaster, Right, a Potter would have made it.

Steve Barnes (Oldsurfdude@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 03 May 1999 13:07:52 -0700

--

The San Diego lifeguards use the Boston Whaler 22' Outrage, with a 225 hp Yamaha, but are converting to a similar sized, fuel injected, Evinrude which doesn't stall out in rough seas, (no float carburator). The Boston Whaler Outrage's hull is like a foot thick closed cell foam, so it won't sink.

:)

Steve Barnes, now a lurker, temporarily sailing a Capri-16, #74, in San Diego. (former WWP-14 skipper) OLDSURFDUDE