RE: For sale /Not for sale

Laura Bertran (LBertran@npr.org)
Tue, 4 May 1999 10:25:30 -0400

I keep seeing references to crawling under the cockpit seats but my boat has
some rather hefty blocks of foam flotation in those spaces and I can't see
how you could move it. Don't other P15's have this foam flotation?
Laura Bertran
lbertran@npr.org
1988 P15 #1703

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Jensen [mailto:djensen@teleport.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 1999 3:04 PM
To: Betty & Bill Stockwell
Cc: 'wwpotter@tscnet.com'
Subject: Re: For sale /Not for sale

Betty & Bill,

I've taken "El Nino" up into the South puget sound, and it was great. This
area is ideal for pottering, but
you need to be confident in your sailing skills, as it is a rather large and
comercially active water way.
I would suggest "Afoot and Afloat in the South Puget Sound", as it covers
both land and water access
to the area.

My stern cleats were removed and replaced before I got the boat, but I have
bedded and installed plenty
of stuff on the boat. You need to be very comfortable in tight spaces, as
you need to shimy down
under the cockpit seats to get a wrench on the cleats while someone unscrew,
rebeds and replaces the
cleats. I get everything ready and try to go into that space for as short a
time as possible. Some people
don't like climbing down there, so they cut inspection ports into the
cockpit and put in a screw-in
cover.

Derek Jensen
P-15 #694 "El Nino"
Portland, OR

> 3. Anyone in Olympia area Pottering?
> Also would like to hear from anyone who has successfully replaced broken
stern cleats while maintaining integrity. It looks to us like you might have
to take them off with a hack saw. But how do you get them back on without
cutting into the hull? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Bill's crew ,
Betty