Re: keel paint

TillyLucy@aol.com
Tue, 4 May 1999 22:21:16 EDT

When I removed my centerboard for refinishing earlier this year, it proved
difficult because of the amount of rust which had built up in the slot,
making it too small to slide over the pivot. Is it possible that your slot is
closed by rust rather than welding? It's hard for me to imagine someone
working with a welder inside the centerboard slot, but I suppose it's possible

I cleaned mine with Naval Jelly, a belt sander, and a grinding wheel
attachment in my electric drill. I then had it galvanized at a shop in
Oakland, CA fat a cost of $48.50. The results are very nice.