Re: Shrouds

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Wed, 19 May 1999 21:42:10 EDT

In a message dated 5/19/99 5:58:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, cgula@innet.com
writes:

> If I understood the original question correctly, the
> answer is that the P19 design didn't feature a backstay originally, and the
> aft location of the shrouds provide aft vector to offset the headstay pull.

This isn't correct. The original HMS18 came only one way -- with a backstay.
Every old HMS18 I've ever seen or heard of came with a backstay. One of
the original factory options was the adjustable tackle. I know of two old
HMS18s/P19s with exactly the same adjustable backstay tackle as mine. It was
origianally installed at the factory.

Best,
Judy

The HMS was renamed the P19 for marketing purposes by Joe Edwards after he
bought out HMS. Until Joe Edwars took over production, there was no such
thing as a P19 without a backstay.