Re: P15 centerboard question

John Marotzke (jmarotz@earthlink.net)
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:51:23 -0400

Don,
My P-15 center board clanks too when we are at the dock trying to sleep. I have
even wedged it from the top with a wood wedge, still clanked. Best to leave the
board down even when sleeping to maintain stability.

Water in the bilge: We get small amounts of water too when sailing. I use 2
plugs in the transom. I think the water splashes in around the center board.
After every use I pump and mop out all the water so it won't rot out the cross
frame that is plywood and not covered with fiberglass. My boat is a '91. Before
I store her for the winter I even run a small fan in the bilge to make sure
everything is dry. Hope this helps. Maybe someone else has come up with a fix.

John Marotzke
P-15 "Hooray"
Ortonville, MI
www.marot.net