Re: 3" Solar Vent

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 13:51:33 EDT

In a message dated 7/25/99 10:39:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tedduke@usa.net
writes:

> 'I wonder if the
> cowl vent come out and if the solar vent will fit". Today I
> tried, it does, and it does. I don't want to use that
> permanently as I use it for my anchor line, but it will work
> until I do something permanent.
>
> Ted Duke
> WWPs19 #626

Hi Ted,

Have you considered leaving the solar vent in the 3" deckplate for the cowl
and adding a deckpipe for your anchor rode just off center? That way you
could have the conveniece of both a fan and leaving your rode below deck

I've got the same fan which I installed exactly the way you did. I've
considered putting deckpipes both on the foredeck and the transom, and
hanging anchors off the bow pulpit and off the transom (for quick emergency
deployment without having to go forward).

I was fiddling around before I installed my new transom ladder, and I figured
out that I could mount a PVC pipe outboard of the ladder and stick the
Danforth anchor's shank down it with the rode attached. Just pull it up and
drop it to deploy it in an emergency

Anybody else ever considered doing or actually done this? Any pros, cons,
suggestions?

Best,
Judy B
1985 WWP19 #266 Redwing