Re: GPS Alert!

theodore f. boyer (freelanc@execpc.com)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 01:05:41 -0500

Dear Thomas,
I contacted Garmin today because my Garmin is on board and the rain has
been off and on today. I asked the dealer and Garmin if they could tell by the
date of purchase etc. what software version mine was without the serial
number. I was told "it wouldn't matter about the serial number, the units will
be running slowly for about the next month during the adjustments with
satellites. The initial screen should tell what version I have for a download
need. If I boot up by holding the page key while starting up, it would take
care of it automatically, but it will take as much as 20 minutes to pick up on
the new positioning info., and that they'd all be this way for about a month.
Ted-Milwaukee WWPotter19 "Sea Breeze"