sailing books

Lars S. Mulford (mulford@bellatlantic.net)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:17:55 -0400

gpotter@calinet.com wrote:

> > Would you mind listing some of the sailing books you use to learn about
> sail
> > trim and so forth?

Gretchen:

While taking sailing courses is good and prudent, it is also good to have some
books on hand. Here are a few that I keep on hand in my sailing library that may
help you and can be found without extensive searching.

THIS IS SAILING, Creagh-Osborne, sponsored in part by SAIL Magazine (This is a
great book that covers all the basics of sailing and with good illustrations and
attention to detail.)

THIS IS BOAT TUNING FOR SPEED, Imhoff & Pranger, sponsored in part by SAIL
Magazine (This book goes beyond the one above, describing in detail the things
you can do to sail faster in just about all conditions. Well illustrated.)

HANDLING SMALL BOATS IN HEAVY WEATHER, Frank Robb (Self explanatory.)

THE GUIDE TO HIGH PERFORMANCE POWERBOATING, Joanne A. Fishman (Don't laugh at
this one, as it has some pretty useful information about running inlets, boating
in heavy weather, etc.)

--
"Sea" ya!

--Lars S. Mulford, President East Coast Potter Association (ECPA) Come visit us at http://members.tripod.com/~SpeedSailor s/v Always P15 #2125, lateen rig, sailing greater Chesapeake region "Forgive, and live. Life is worth the challenge of living." --LSSM "Love is good; Love hurts; Love sustains; Love remains." --LSSM