RE: [ecpa] Re: Bow Sprit was Furler feedback

Stallings Mike (Stallings_Mike@prc.com)
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:07:35 -0400

I can hardly imagine the confusion when coming about while flying two large
headsails, but what a cool thing it must be. I hope I can see one of these
cutter-rigged Potters some day.

Is there somewhere that one could purchase an extended bow sprit for the
P15? I'm not changing my rig, I just have a thing for bow sprits.

Mike Stallings
85 P15 #1589, Norfolk VA
Bic Astro Rock, Electric Rock

-----Original Message-----
From: Lars S. Mulford [mailto:mulford@bellatlantic.net]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 1999 11:33 PM
To: David & chardy Lang; ecpa@onelist.com;
wwpotter@tscnet.com
Subject: [ecpa] Re: Furler feedback

From: "Lars S. Mulford" <mulford@bellatlantic.net>

David & chardy Lang wrote:

> Lars suggested when I do fly both sails
> to put the Genoa on the inside forward stay and the Jib on
the outside
> forward stay.

David:

I think you have me exactly backwards! (I'm looking in my
past emails to you to
see.) If I recall correctly with TJ's cutter rig, he flies
the big fores'l on
the forward most stay, and flies the standard jib on the
inside forward stay.

TJ? Can you shed some light on this?

--
"Sea" ya!

--Lars S. Mulford, President
East Coast Potter Association (ECPA)
Come visit us at http://members.tripod.com/~SpeedSailor
s/v Always P15 #2125, lateen rig, sailing greater
Chesapeake region
"Forgive, and live. Life is worth the challenge of
living." --LSSM
"Love is good; Love hurts; Love sustains; Love
remains." --LSSM

Choose from a wide selection of high-quality newsletters at
ONElist.
For details on ONElist's PROS&PUNDITS newsletters, click
below.
Here</a>