Re: Trailer Weight and Towing P-19

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 02:43:36 EST

In a message dated 11/24/99 9:17:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ttursine@earthlink.net writes:

> The Shoreline trailer weight is closer to 150 pounds than 400 pounds. Two
> people can easily lift and carry it. If I remember correctly, it was
> spec'ed at 125 pounds.

HI Bill,

I replaced the original 1985 Dilly trailer that came with my boat. It was in
good okay condition, but it was too small for the boat and a pain to launch
and retrieve, compared to the "Baja Style" ones I saw.

My new one is a Calkins trailor, similar in style to a Baja Style. It's wide
and the boat sits down low between the wheels. The specs say my 1999
Caulkins (Model #1618) trailer weighs 464 pounds and has a 2200 pound payload
(for a total of 2664 pounds max).

It may be heavier than the original by a few pounds, but boy, is it a joy to
use! It tows like a dream and is easy to launch and retreive, even in heavy
winds. Check out a picture on my website
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/jblumhorst/Trailer.htm">Caulkins 1618
Trailer for a P19</A>

Best,
Judy