Re: VHF-FM Antennas

Jim Nolan (panache426@hotmail.com)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 15:58:43 MST

I use a Shakespeare 3 dB antenna with a rail mount. It's on the pulpit. The
rail mount allows it to rotate 90 degrees to a down position. I don't need
it up high on the mast for Colorado lakes and I use it only when I get tired
of yelling. You'd have to put a small stanchion pole (parallel to the
ground)on your mast to mount it. In my opinion the best antenna for a boat
mast top is the discone antenna. It's very broadband and will allow you to
pick up FM radio, maritime, hambands, tv, gps and the like all in one
antenna. Also the pattern is very good for a rocking boat. The radials on it
can also help as static charge disappators. You can get these at Radio Shack
or they're on the internet by a company called Nevada [Radio (?)]. Hope this
helps.

Jim Nolan P-19 #426 Panache