Re: rudder "safety strap" concept

Jim Nolan (panache426@hotmail.com)
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:20:20 MST

Tom:
If you look under the uppermost rudder bracket on your boat you'll notice
two spotwelds from a broken retention clip that used to hold your rudder on.
West Marine sells a stainless steel tang that can be used to hold the rudder
on. The tang would screw to the wood on the rudder and protude out under the
top bracket, preventing the rudder from moving up and then out. The tang
acts like a large flat spring. Check in the West Marine catalogue under
rudder parts.

Jim Nolan P-19 #426 Panache