Re: Transducer help

Eric Pederson (eric@nutfarm.org)
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 08:24:47 -0600

On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 08:40:18AM -0500, RayTia@aol.com wrote:

> Got an Eagle fishfinder for Xmas this year.
> But where should I locate the transducer for a through the hull shot. Could
> anyone tell me some likely "good" (solid fiberglass) locations before I start
> making holes through my liner.

I mounted my transducer in the deadspace below the porta-potty. You can
reach the area via the starboard storage space below the stove. I ran the
wire aft the length of the storage area to the quarterberth, though a
hole under the companionway and up the port bulkhead to the display.
You can get the transducer within a foot of the centerline in that location.

--
Eric L. Pederson
P-19 #970, Necessity