Re: STEERING SYSTEM

From: Lionel L. Galibert (llgalib@banet.net)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 19:23:37 PST

Chris,
I tried to use the tiller tamer and more or less gave up on
it. I mostly single hand and was using the T/T with the
motor while raising or dousing sails, but moving around or
any little puff or wave would turn me off course. That is
why I am now using a length of 1 1/2 PVC pipe that I can
move with my foot leaving me both hands free to work the
halyards; it comes on and off easy and I can also use it to
store the big batten or a chart. I also mounted the T/T on a
short piece of the same pipe that I can slide on the tiller
when I want to use the T/T: no screws, no hardware to bother
me when I use the tiller.
Lionel L. Galibert
P15 #2072 "KIROLOU"
Hudson River/Long Island Sound