Re: Sailing dingy

From: The Costas (uffda@sonic.net)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 13:08:26 PST

Gretchen

I don't have the information here, but I know that Glen L sells plans for an
eight or ten foot long "two-part" dingy. Even though this boat would be
over the length you want, the two parts fit one-inside-the-other when
hauling or storing so it should fit in your truck. You might run into
problems when trying to find plans for a boat less than eight foot long.
Eight foot is the magic length for a sailboat as under that means no
license. As most builders of small dingys would like to save the legal
fees, but still have a boat that can carry an adult, they usually max out
the length to just under eight feet. That is one of the reasons that most
boats of that length have two flat ends.

Good luck in your search (although it is almost always cheaper to buy an
already built boat).

Larry