Re: Leaking plastic gas cans

From: chris.beatty (chris.beatty@bankofamerica.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 09:00:44 PST

I too have been plagued with drippy fuel containers, ever try placing a
Rubbermaid tray under your fuel can?

While I don't have my boat yet (IM is still making it), I have used a
Rubbermaid tray under my fuel can for my lawnmower so as not to get smelly fuel
on my vehicle's carpet.

Chris Beatty
P-19 #TBD, Name: TBD
Alameda, CA

I have yet to meet a plastic gas can from Tempo or any other that did not
leak. Most leak profusely. Gasoline on the floor is a continual pain in the
A's. Returning the offending gas can usually results in getting one that
leaks even more through the feed plug/gas can joint. They should recall all
these..

Sorry! Sick o cleaning gasoline from my P19 cockpit. Eight gas cans later I
still have a leak... The only solution has been to leave the vent at cap
open. This seems to reduce leakage from gaskets, etc.

SF

In a message dated 1/23/00 8:35:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,