Re: Using a tether on a P-19

From: Mac Davis (mcmd@innet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 16:22:04 PST

Hi Eric:
A tether should be long enough to allow you to reach the water, otherwise
you'll be awkwardly dangling by your own weight and find it hard to move
into a position to get back on board. The tether should also be long enough
to allow you to go anywhere topside without the need to unhook / rehook. I'd
say about 12 feet of ¾ flat tubular nylon webbing would be about right. You
might install a pad eye (with a backing plate, of course) just forward of
the mast, or use a ¼ stainless (welded) eye bolt in place of your existing
mast bolt and hook to that.
Hope this helps,
Mac Davis
Kelpie, WWP19#804
Aripeka, FL

You said: I'd like feedback from other P-19 owners who use tethers. What
length
tethers do you use and how do you secure them to the boat? .