Re: Removable tongue

From: WMSBJT@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 06:07:58 PST

John...don't have any advice on how to remove your tongue <smile> but I do
remember vividly when our new P-19 was delivered to our house here in
Springfield, Oregon. You have to realize up front that for novice sailors
getting a new boat that there is an unspoken hazing process that you must go
through. Our boat is just a wee bit over a year old now and what we got from
IM is a blue pee-chee type "manual". Bonnie and I sat in our boat "moored"
in our driveway with "manual" in hand very confused. You will most likely
find that your boat is like a magnet to "experienced" sailors who will take
on the task of helping figure things out. Our "expert" had us using the
topping lift as the main halyard, the foresail connected to the wrong place
at the bow and our tiller handle upside down which allowed the rudder to
kick-up.

So...good luck. We survived pretty well our hazing...smile about some of the
things we did and know just what a new Potter owner goes through.

Jim Williams
P-19 #1030
Moon Shadow