Re: On our way

From: Lionel L. Galibert (llgalib@banet.net)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 19:46:11 PST

Bill
If I were you I would locate the access plate on the cockpit
seat and not in the sole. It is not that far to reach down
with a sponge and it can also be used for storage or access
to the motor mount bolts in case you want to install a
different one. If you do not have a transom ladder you could
put the access plate on the starboard seat in case you want
to install one. Actually I have one on each side as you can
see on my web site. The reason I put the first one was to
replace the cockpit drain hose; after that I did not have
water in the bilge anymore. But I do keep a hand pump just
in case.
Lionel L. Galibert
P15 #2072 "KIROLOU"
Hudson River/Long Island Sound