Re: Sponging

From: hlg@pacbell.net
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 21:11:43 PST

I've been wondering why one would need to sponge under the cockpit. In my
boat, any water in the bottom (mine doesn't have a bilge, exactly) runs to
the lowest part of the boat, which is inside the cabin alongside the
centerboard trunk, where I can easily sponge it up since my boat is
unlined. If the water is running aft, there may be too much weight in the
stern.

Harry Gordon
P14 #234, Manatee
Mountain View, CA