Re: Looking for P-19 Characteristics vs Model Year Info

From: Trevor Smith (smithborne@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 14:29:28 PST

>The Four Stroke motor on a Potter 19 can be a problem while trailering.
>IM recommends that the boat not be trailered with four stroke motors
>mounted on the transom due to the weight motors in the 4 to 5 HP range.

Does this mean it is okay to trailer with a two-stroke 5HP mounted on the
transom? I thought I had read something about this being a problem as
well.

What about storing the motor mounted on the transom with the boat on the
trailer?

I would love an excuse to spend that 5 minutes and god-knows-how-many calories
sailing instead of carrying the outboard from the truck and clamping it on the
boat. ;-)

Trevor Smith
P19 #1157, "Reservoir Dawg"
Peoria, AZ