P19 Centerboard Help

From: HandyM2@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 15:44:47 PST

Hello, question about my P19's Centerboard. Traveller is a 1988 Potter 19
and the Centerboard Lift system seems to be in poor shape, balky at best.

What can I do to replace or repair this system? That hunk of steel is a tad
heavy.

Also that thread about Potters going Turtle or Blowing up was a bit
worrysome. How many folks on this list have Ever Turtled or Saw someone
Turtle a Potter?

What were the details of that Witnessed Turtle? IE Weather Involved? was the
Center Board Up? Was the Cabin Door open or closed? Results of the Turtle?

Ditto about Propane Blowing Up a Potter? I rather LIKE my Propane BBQ but I
am not happy with the possable hazard to me and mine.

Thanks

Michael
P19 Traveller
Columbia SC