Re: MPH Meter

From: jckniese@francomm.com
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 11:23:05 PST

Rye Gewalt wrote:

> I got the new Cabela's Catalog today and managed to "waste" about an
> hour reading it when my wife would have had better things for me to
> do.
>
> There was one item I'd be interested in hearing opinions on. They
> have a "Trolling MPH" meter that seems to be priced right and has just
> about the correct speed range for our boats. All of the other speed
> meters I have seen in the catalogs seem to cost a big hunk of bucks,
> but this one seems almost affordable -- about twice the price of a
> Knot Stick and about half the price of the "Yacht" types.
>
> What do you guys (and Ladies) think?
>
> I posted a copy of the catalog item at:
> http://www.vais.net/~ryeg/MPHMeter.jpg
>
> I am sure that Jim Nolan can come up with some sort of quick method of
> converting MPH to Knots without appreciable loss of precision.
>
> Regards
> Rye
Hi Rye,
I never saw that meter before but I think a hand held GPS would be more
reliable and you could also plot your position.
I purchased a GPS from Boat US on sale for $90.00 plus ten percent off.
With the postage I paid $89.00 and it worked fine. Got an adapter for
another $15.00 so it can be hooked up to the boats 12V electrical
system.
Bob
P19#1148
Dovie