Re: Tilting Trailers

From: happy life skills foundation (hapilife@efn.org)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 16:40:58 PST

Ted!!!!

if you are not tilting you are missing out on a great launch retrieval
experience. Mr. Harry Gordon (harry are you listening?) taught me online.

YOU NEVER HAVE TO GET YOUR WHEEL HUBS ON YOUR TRAILER WET...EVER!!!

simply back the boat up until the hubs are just above water. make sure the
rudder isn't on the transom and the motor is up. pull the pin on the tilt
mechanism, remove the winch line from the bow eye, give the bow a push.
the bow will lift in the air and the trailer will hinge in the middle, and
the boat will slide right off into the water.

now, Harry taught me the retrieve thing too. back the trailer down to the
hub-above-water level again. pull the pin on the tilt deal. bring the boat
up so the bow is against the aft roller on the trailer. attach the winch
line to the bow eye, start cranking. the boat will get back on the trailer
in much the same fashion as it came off (trailer will tilt, bow will rise
until the weight is over the axle then it will lower itself. MAKE SURE THE
PIN IS REINSERTED BEFORE MOTORING OFF!!!

that's it.

Harry may wish to add comments and correct my indiscretions...but i think
that's basically it.

you'll love it!
Ken Silverman, p-15 "vegan lorax"