Re: MPH Meter and my humminbird platinum

From: Thos. Westerman (thomasw@vanion.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 16:25:28 PST

> They have a "Trolling MPH" meter that seems to be priced right and has just
> about the correct speed range for our boats.
> What do you guys (and Ladies) think?

Based on the picture, the sensor looks identical (a magnetic paddlewheel) to
the one I installed on my transom bottom that sends speed info to my
fishfinder/depthfinder (a humminbird platinum) the same sensor tells me the
water temp. It is separate from the sonic transducer which is mounted next to
it. As a speed indicator it seems to work fair, never quite the same as my
GPS--but that's speed through water vs speed over land--the list has had that
discussion before.