Re: Cockpit Berth

From: Brent and Laura Wilson (backforty2@lisco.com)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 00:47:24 PST

Harry,
        As I do not plan to use a motor, I can get by with a little more weight,
but I understand your point to keep the construction light. I plan to
'glass in the rear of the foot well and then add a plastic hatch like the
access hatches in West Marine. The smaller foot well will give me a place
to brace my feet when rowing and will hold less water if the cockpit is
flooded. I want the project to look factory, so I plan to take my time on
planning. I also plan to add a larger scupper. For added ballast, I am
thinking of putting a water blatter on either side of the centerboard
trunk. There already is a block of concrete on either side of the
centerboard trunk.
Thank you for your ideas,
                        Brent Wilson
                        P-15#657