RE: Refinishing Teak - what a difference!

From: Judith Franklin Blumhorst (drjudyb@pacbell.net)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 09:12:05 PST

Hi Eric,

I put 1" vinyl striping on the sidewalls of the cabin just below the
corners, like the original graphics on HMS #1.

You wouldn't believe it's the same boat. It makes the cabin look MUCH lower
and less boxy, because it lowers the "apparent" height of the crowned cabin
down to the height of the side walls. It makes the whole boat look 3 feet
longer.

I also put a curved cove stripe on the transom, just below the rubrail,
rather than a straight one or none at all. It softens the boxy look of the
transom a little.

You can see pictures on my Potter Website, via the top link on the home
page. http://hometown.aol.com/jblumhorst/HomePage/index.htm

Fair winds, Judy B
1985 WWP-19 #266, Redwing

<<snipped>>