Re: Mast crutch modification

From: chris.beatty (chris.beatty@bankofamerica.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 11:48:04 PST

Ted,

>From my VAST experience (Dripping with sarcasm--I've barely done it once), a
roller is a great idea! I was thinking I might have to wet the carpet on the
crutch in order to do it myself--but the roller would be a great benefit. It
would be important to know when the shrouds are caught or binding vs when the
weight has increased on the crutch causing it to "bind" a bit.

BTW, our Fleet Captain, Jerry Barrilleaux has made the modifications to his
mast crutch. Dr. Judy, (while also having a great mind), was capturing the
modification on camera.

Chris Beatty
P19, #1176, "Deep Blue"
Alameda, CA