Re: Cheek plate help?

From: Eric Johnson (etj@nwlink.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 23:33:40 PST

>I ordered new cheek plates for the kickup rudder of my
>1986 P-19 about 2 months ago, and am just getting
>around to putting them on. The problem is that the
>bolt holes do not match up. I am wondering if anyone
>else has had this problem. Should I drill new holes,
>or did IM just send me the wrong plates? Were
>different bolt locations used on different year model
>rudders? Thanks for any help you may be able to
>offer.

Little is standard year to year. My 1988 plates are fiberglass, and are bending.
I asked the factory about this and they sent me a photocopy of the design for
the new plates, and I noted that the plates use different mounting holes. the
new aluminum plates are nice - i saw them on Tim Spofford's new rudder. Personally,
I'd probably redrill the rudder for the new plates.
http://www.nwlink.com