Flicka's

From: carl huber (cih3@sprintmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 21:38:26 PST

A few months ago I got interested in Flickas and did a lot of research.
Had almost talked myself into going and seeing one when I asked John
Poole who runs the Oriental Sailing School in Oriental, NC about them.
John has run the school for over twenty years and seen many boats, I
have much respect for his judgement on boats. He said the Flicka is
indeed a very seaworthy boat, but it sails like a bathtub. Twas enough
for me! I will look elsewhere.
Others are correct about the upkeep on the Flicka too. There is a
website that documents one gentleman's cost to restore a used Flicka to
Bristol condition-I think it was like $50k!

Regards,
Carl Huber, P15 #1313