Re: Rigging and Sail trim [was: RE: BOOM Rigging]

From: chris.beatty (chris.beatty@bankofamerica.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 15:55:06 PST

>Another thing that I have overlooked in the past is that having the
>motor not entirely out of the water can make a *very* large
>difference...

Good point Kent. I did look around the boat (more mentally than physically) as
I went through my laundry list of weight distribution,..
The one thing I realized was that my weight AND the engines weight were both on
the port side when I was getting the optimal performance. Not exactly what I
expected,... If it had been weight distribution, I would have thought the
starboard tack was better (not that I am anywhere near that svelte 65lbs of my
5hp,... but that's an issue for another mail-list ;-) ).
 But I'm not certain if my motor was up to the first or second tilt -- It was
up--but I wonder if it would dip a little if it was only up to the first tilt
point?
Chris