Re: keel winch P19

From: Magico1@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 18:29:45 PST

    The old HMS 18's had a winch that was mounted on the cabin roof and went
through a hole down to the keel. after the keel was lowered you unhooked the
winch and stowed it below. My boat was modified by a former owner, and the
winch is mounted on a steei compression post. I could also use an electric
winch with a switch in the cockpit. One of our club members has a worm driven
winch in the cockpit. Due to the gear reduction, it takes him forever to get
the keel down. I like the stock system very much, but you need to crawl
around once in a while and inspect the cables. Jerry Barrilleaux HMS 18
# 48 Sunshine