Re: Questions

From: Michael Smith (michaelconniesmith@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 19:56:17 PST

I just bought (last month) a P15 in Minnesota and trailered it back to our
home in Louisiana. Some 1300 miles. The boat trailer is, like the boat, a
1978 model but it had new tires, bearing buddies, and had had limited use.
I added grease a few times and at each stop also felt the hubs (they got
warm but not hot). The spare was new as well. They were 12" tires/wheels.
I took along a hydraulic jack and some tools. I think such precautions
(decent tires, a jack, some tools, a spare, greased bearings--although an
extra set of bearings would be a good idea too) are about all you need to
worry about for short, middle, or long hauls. Mike