Pronunciation, please?

From: Bill Blohm (bblohm@hpbs1686.boi.hp.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 08:51:32 PST

I got into a debate with my dad last summer over the pronouncing of some
nautical terms. This was somewhat foolish on my part, but I'm the sailor
in the family, so my stubbornness rose to the fore. The foolishness
comes from the fact that I'm completely deaf. *BG* Sometimes I am right
about the pronunciation and the hearing person is wrong, so that doesn't
help matters. ;-)

Anyway, here's the words and my understood pronunciation:

jib as in jib sail j as in jump, pronounced as spelled

jib as in jibbing instead of tacking pronounced the same?

gybe g as in go, y as in eye, thus "g(eye)b" sorta like bribe but with
"br" a "g" as in go

leeward looard

TIA!

Bill B.