RE: First, um, sail

From: Eric Johnson (etj@nwlink.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 20:34:01 PDT

> >So when are we ALL gonna get our Potters out on Lake Washington
>
> When can you trailer yours down here?
>
> When do you want to trailer yours down here?

My wife and I had a picnic dinner on the boat tonite. We've never actually
spent the night aboard or prepared a meal on it before, so it was a bit of a
trial run, and gave us a chance to use our new butane stove we bought a few
months ago on ebay.

I took a lot of pictures of the potters with the planes (including the last
piston Beaver ever built - N900KA) in the background. I even saw Ken
Silverman (i assume it was him! - yellow P15 on his way upriver to the ramp)
cruise by but i couldn't get his attention.

I think that area would be perfect for the NW rendezvous. We could easily
all meet at say Tracy Owen station (just south of Harbor Village). Theres a
huge, underused dock there with lots of slips. As long as we don't get a
storm from the south (prevailing winds are northerly), people who want to
stay overnight could anchor in the bay, stay at Harbor Village for $9, or we
probably borrow some slips at Kenmore with permission. Even if bad weather
comes people could high-tail it to the Kirkland city marina which is a fun
place to kill an evening too. There's at least four ramps nearby - Cap Sante
Marine(old Davidson's) just yards away and they let you launch for $10 round
trip. With a Fish and Wildlife permit you can use the DFW ramp near the end
of Simonds Road. There's a lousy little ramp by OO Denny park (but it sucks
for sailboats since there are overhanging trees) and of course Magnuson Park
isn't all that far away and has a great ramp and ample parking.

We could just set a time and date, and go for it!