Re: Bad mast raising experience

From: The Costas (uffda@sonic.net)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 10:21:11 PDT

All

I don't know how the mast can fall with the baby stays in place. I had them
on HC and raised the mast ,by myself, in all kinds of conditions including
high cross wind and tilted parking lot. Based on my experience with the IM
mast raising system, I don't think it is possible for the mast to swing far
enough off center to damage the base if the baby are properly installed and
adjusted (and the mast pin is in the right hole).

One problem with adjusting the baby stays is that they can't be tight when
the mast is down or up. They tighten up (to tight) as the mast reaches 45
degrees, and loosen as the mast reaches full up or down. That is if the
factory is still using the same 'mechanics' as they did on the 95 boats.

Larry