[WWP] NW potter rendezvous

From: Eric Johnson (etj@nwlink.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 07:29:39 PDT

Boy, this weekend was a lot of fun. A bunch of us got together in Lake
Washington east of Seattle. On saturday is was me and Roger Metcalf in our
P19s (#461 and #471), JT, Ken Silverman, and Michele Sladko in their P15s.
Scott (?) owns a P15 too, but crewed with JT.

After a couple equipment challenges I think we were mostly all together
around 1pm. We sailed back and forth a bit between Sand Point and Kirkland.
There was a healthy south wind blowing. Eventually we all rafted up in the
middle of the lake. We must have remained that way for hours, just talking
about and showing off our boats. It was really a lot of fun and a nice group
of folks.

I had evening plans so I took off that evening. I'm not sure what the others
did.

On Sunday, many of us got together again - Roger, myself, michele, and Tim
Spofford (who wasn't feeling good on saturday) in his P19. This day we had a
strong north wind. Tim and I enjoyed the downwind run for 4 miles to meet
the others. We sailed around a bit and took lots of pictures. Roger had to
head home, so we parted ways. The rest of us sailed into the Kirkland City
Marina. Michele was the first to arrive, and I watched her gracefully sail
right up to the lee dock. Then Tim did exactly the same thing. I wasn't
feeling nearly so skillful so I pulled my sails and motored in (and STILL
wasn't as gracefull...). We had lunch in Kirkland, then got back to our
boats and parted ways. I sailed much of the upwind beat back under genoa,
but eventually I got real cold and motored the rest of the way to save time.
In fact, I got a little hypothermic, but a few hours at home and hot soup
cured that.

Overall I had a really fun time with the other potterers and I hope we do
this again real soon.

Get your money connected @ OnMoney.com - the first Web site that lets
you see and manage all of your finances all in one place.