Re: [WWP] Genoa P-19 (Precautions for ease of use)

From: HandyM2@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 14:36:17 PDT

In a message dated 4/17/00 8:34:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time, solarfry@aol.com
writes:

<< If you make a Genoa be sure clew at intersection of foot and leech is
lower
 than cleats on sides of mast (pointing to shrouds-sides of boat). Otherwise
 genoa sheets will wrap around cleats every time you tack. Quite a BIG pain
in
 butt as you have to let go of tiller and walk fwd to untangle genoa from
 cleats while boat sails for closest rocks or expensive yacht.

Calling all UNGUIDED MISSLES....

<G>

BTW What is a Genoa? I assume it's larger than my Lapper but I've been wrong
before.

Michael
Clueless in Columbia SC

Chocolate eggs, tulips, bunnies and more...
Click Here