[WWP] Re: outfitting

From: rogerm164@home.com
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 17:02:04 PDT

Break it down into sections. Here is my list.

Safety:
Life jackets (make sure you wear them damn it!!)
Flares
Fire extinguisher
First aid kit
Cell phone or VHF (I vote for the cell phone)

Equipment:
Tool kit (screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, nut, bolts, etc.)
Anchor and rode (get one size bigger than what the book says)
Bilge pump (should this be under safety?)
Outboard engine and fuel tank
Flashlights and spare batteries
Storage battery for nav & interior lights (CostCo is good source)
Dock lines (3, one for the bow, one each aft side)

Navigation:
Compass (the Silva hand-held/Plastimo Iris 100 have got good reviews)
Charts?
Navigation lights (if you need to travel after dark)

Interior:
Pillows
Blankets or sleeping bags
Clothes bags
Porta-potti?? (Yuck!)

Galley:
Dishes, silverware, pots and pans
Spare stove fuel
Cooler (good luck figuring out where to put it)
Water containers

This should get you started. You can add all kinds of other stuff,
but this will get you sailing and let you stay out for the day or
night. Take a look at the West Marine catalog and thumb thourgh it
for other ideas.

Roger Metcalf
P-19 #471 "Manstoy"
Tacoma, WA
Puget Sound

--- In WWPotter@egroups.com, Dana Lindsley <dfljhl@e...> wrote:
> Greetings! I am expecting delivery of a new WWP 19 in a couple
weeks
> and would love to hear some advice as to what to buy to fully
outfit the
> boat. I don't have anything yet: no lines, no PFDs, etc. Can
someone
> give me a list so I can get down to West Marine (or to their
catalog)
> and order what I need for a maiden voyage? I'll also need some
advice
> on what to do to unpack the boat when it arrives. I'll be
trailoring to
> lakes in Wisconsin, including Lake Michigan.
> Dana Lindsley
> Waukesha, Wisconsin
> WWP 19 ???????

Avoid the lines and visit avis.com for quick and easy online
reservations. Enjoy a compact car nationwide for only $29 a day!
Click here for more details.